Saturday, November 14, 2009

Idea for a Pie Crust

I'm not really yet at that point as a cook where I can start creating my own dishes. I'm kind of a follow-the-recipe kind of person at this point. However, I think I'm going to try out a rosemary orange pie crust. I just need to figure out what goes in the pie itself. I don't really love pies, honestly, but I think this would be a fun experiment.

I also want to play with the crust design, thanks to Martha Stewart.



*UPDATE*
I attempted a fancy crust. Don't try this until you are fantastic with dough. I'm still working on that part so, making a wreath of dough leaves around the rim was the last things I should have been working on. 
Perfect pie crust is so hard to accomplish. Am I the only one who thinks so? Harder still, to get it perfect and then be able to manipulate it enough to do these crazy designs. I got so pissed trying to work with some crust that I had a fit and managed to get dough wads everywhere. I mean, everywhere. 


I'll keep trying though. 



No comments: